Things are moving and some trapping

The rototiller project is officially: No more! I just sold the motor for a profit and I will re-list the tiller base a little later. The Gudenaa mower I picked for free also sold today, and is being picked up tomorrow. Now I have to get going welding up the other mowers I have!

Our property is infested with voles, mice and what-not; leaving tunnels and holes all over the place. We have just staked out some frequency oscillators that are supposed to help get rid of everything like this in the ground and surface. I also bought a couple of live traps that I’ve set out, but they have only caught 1 in 3 days. The latching mechanism needs adjusting or modifying, because the last two days the bait has been stolen and the traps were not set off.

https://youtu.be/QqhHhne0n0s

I have set the live catch traps, because I don’t mind relocating them in stead of destroying them. The one I have caught was released close to one of the oscillators, to see the effect. The mouse seemed to be disorientated and I guess that’s exactly what it’s supposed to do.

Project, started a few weeks ago

Over a decade ago, my mother was given a rototiller from a family friend, and it was an old thing that actually required leaded fuel! It worked great the first few years, as long as we bought an addition to be mixed with the unleaded fuel.

Then, it just stopped working and the engine was nothing to save. It has been sitting for many, many years but it’s time to try and get it going again. A couple of years ago I put a lawnmower engine on it, but that was a bust. To get that to work, I would have to swap out the flywheel on the motor… If you have a look at my YouTube channel, you can see a project I did some years back, the Ariens RM lawn tractor. That machine bit the dust after staying in the weather, but the engine should be saveable.

I took the engine off both machines, and was about to swap the pulleys when I discovered the difference in axle diameter. That put the whole project on hold while I try to uncover a new or used pulley. Called around to different sellers, scrapyards, shops and private people to no real avail. The only lead was a chain of shops called TOOLS, that sells (amongst thousands of products) pulleys and bosses. Measuring, calling, re-measuring and what not the other day I finally bought a pulley and boss but man… the price was up there!

I am hoping to get going again this week on this project, but I have hurt my back pretty bad so I have to focus on my day job Mon-Fri. Hope the coming weekend is better, and that I have a possibility of working and filming the next steps.

Please have a look at the video (I’m still learning this type of filming) and comment and share with your friends. I have lot’s of video projects in mind 😉