Garden equipment, rebuild

Yesterday (Saturday) we saw a nice break in the weather (for a while) and I decided to rebuild a garden carrier that my mother uses as a trailer behind an electric scooter. I should have done a video of the whole thing, but I got so worked up that it just slipped my mind. I’m not finished with the project, so I’m grabbing the camera today because we see good weather today as well and there’s enough work left to make a video.

I snapped some pictures right as I ended yesterday, because I had to go out and buy some new parts. The image on the lower right shows the chaos that was at Biltema (Scandinavian warehouse chain) and I actually had to park the car and walk the rest of the way there! On my way back home, the weather changed and we saw some surprise showers that ended the work outside for the day.

The problem with the “trailer” was that one of the wheel guides had broken clean off and needed to be welded back together. I only have a crappy flux core welder, and haven’t welded in many years, but I actually think I got it sorted well enough. (I’m saving up for a new and eons better welder, with shielding gas!)

I invested in a new welding helmet that has auto dark. All I’ve ever used prior is that type that’s always dark and you have to lift to see anything when not welding. I think it cost something like ~$45 (450NOK) and I a so pleased!! It did the job excellent and is now my go-to helmet.

Todays todo list is: New tires, handle swap and misc straightening. It’s Sunday so I don’t start until after 12:00, just because I have to make some noise doing this.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.