Over a decade ago, my mother was given a rototiller from a family friend, and it was an old thing that actually required leaded fuel! It worked great the first few years, as long as we bought an addition to be mixed with the unleaded fuel.
Then, it just stopped working and the engine was nothing to save. It has been sitting for many, many years but it’s time to try and get it going again. A couple of years ago I put a lawnmower engine on it, but that was a bust. To get that to work, I would have to swap out the flywheel on the motor… If you have a look at my YouTube channel, you can see a project I did some years back, the Ariens RM lawn tractor. That machine bit the dust after staying in the weather, but the engine should be saveable.
I took the engine off both machines, and was about to swap the pulleys when I discovered the difference in axle diameter. That put the whole project on hold while I try to uncover a new or used pulley. Called around to different sellers, scrapyards, shops and private people to no real avail. The only lead was a chain of shops called TOOLS, that sells (amongst thousands of products) pulleys and bosses. Measuring, calling, re-measuring and what not the other day I finally bought a pulley and boss but man… the price was up there!
I am hoping to get going again this week on this project, but I have hurt my back pretty bad so I have to focus on my day job Mon-Fri. Hope the coming weekend is better, and that I have a possibility of working and filming the next steps.
Please have a look at the video (I’m still learning this type of filming) and comment and share with your friends. I have lot’s of video projects in mind 😉